More information about disinfection substances
There are four main types of disinfection substances. In this summary there will be a summary which has the pros en cons of all these types of products.
1. Products based on Chlorine
- Chlorine is declining in popularity, due to carcinogenic connections.
- The effect of Chlorine is tightly attached to the acidity.
- The application of Chlorine a water systems is not effective.
- For disinfection of production areas Chlorine can be effective.
- It is basically used because of the low costs.
2. Products based on Quaternary Ammonium connections
- These so called Quats can work good.
- Quats will leave residues, even with rinsing.
- Quats must constantly change concentration and agent against resistance.
- Quats are not always effective, for example Listeria is hard to kill.
3. Products based on Peracetic acid
- Peracetic acid is aggressive and affects machinery, it can not be used in the long term. Freebac-Clearoxyl is mild for machinery and work surfaces.
- Peracetic acid has a pungent odor, Freebac-Clearoxyl not.
4. Based on alcohol
- It does not work as long due to the fast evaporation.
- The required contact time is therefore often not achieved.
5. Based on Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a good active substance, however pure hydrogen peroxide is unstable it has an uncontrolled reaction once it comes into contact with micro-organisms and organics - this means that it is inefficient and that there is much waste. Freebac solved this problem.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is often stabilized using silver nitrate, this will bring the risk of having metals in the food.
- Hydrogen Peroxide stabilized using peracetic acid, will be aggressive on your machines (as described above).
- Freebac is in the last group of Hydrogen Peroxides.
- It is stabilized using a gel, made of natural and food safe products. It is not stabilised using silver or peracetic acid, so it is unique.
Now on the features of Freebac.
- The standard Freebac is based on 35% hydrogen peroxide - we can produce any dilution between 0,5 and 35% upon requested.
- Is entirely comprised of food safe ingredients.
- Has a broad-spectrum anti-microbial activity, highly effective against bacteria, (gram positive and gram negative).
- It is also a virucide and effective against fungi, yeast and moulds.
- At user dosage it is non-mutagenic, non-carcinogenic, non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-tainting, non-volatile.
- It has no smell, taste or colour. Has extended action (residual effect).
- Highly effective against biofilm.
- Is effective even in the presence of organic matter.
- Micro-organisms cannot develop a resistance against Freebac.
- Unaffected by pH levels and temperatures up to 90oC.
- Retains its stability when exposed to light.
- Does not damage (spoil) food when used at manufacturers recommended concentrations.